Saturday, September 28, 2013

Special Ops! Treasure Box!

Michele here today and I am so happy to share a project with you this month for Special Ops!!! 

I altered a book I found all by its lonesome on my book shelf into a box for keep memories of special MOMENTS.

Here it is:




Are you ready to see how I did it??  
OK, here we go!



 First you will need a book the size you would like your box to be.   I had a book, as I mentioned, but you could certainly rescue one from your local resale shop.  I nailed the outer corners to hold the pages together when I started cutting.




Next measure and mark the opening you will cut out of the pages. Using an craft knife start cutting through the pages until you get down far enough for an opening to collect your treasures.



After you clean out all of the cut pages coat them inside and out with a heavy layer of Mod Podge. Let dry completely.




 Once the Mod Podge dried I selected the paper I wanted to use.  For the inside I measured and cut piece of the paper for the top of the pages and the inside cover, inked the edges and adhered.  I also covered the outside of the book with a piece from the same collection.


  
Of course now the fun part…embellishing!!   
I did the cover and even a little touch on the inside.





Now your ready to start making those special moments to treasure!!


Thanks for stopping in this week! 

See you next Saturday!

5 comments: