Saturday, November 9, 2013

Basic Training

HAPPY Saturday
 & 
Welcome to November's 


Basic Training!
  
Today we are going to talk about stamping with gesso...I absolutely love interesting ways to create backgrounds and using gesso is a FAV.  Combine this technique with one of my 'go to' background stamps and now we're talking!!



I used my VLVS! chicken wire stamp for my tag.


 I use my finger to spread the gesso on my stamp.


 You don't have to be neat about it but make sure you get gesso on the raised part of your stamp.


Then stamp your surface quickly but firmly.
You can either wait for the gesso to air dry or hit it with your heat gun but the gesso has to be completely dry to continue.


 I used mist to add color to my tag, 5 different colors to be exact. 

Then dabbed off the excess with a paper towel.  Make sure you use your heat gun to dry between each color so you get the richness of each one.

Then I did some distressing, stamping with ink and some splattering to complete my background.  Don't you just love all of the layers??  And the depth the gesso offers?!


And VIOLA, here is the finished tag.
Thank you so much for sharing part of you day with me, til next month...get INKY often!!

5 comments:

  1. Wow!! so cool - love it Michele - Love your tag - thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tag Michele! Gotta try that technique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to do this! I keep forgetting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great technique! Thanks for the easy to follow instructions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am learning all about gesso. I CAN NOT wait to try this technique. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete