Saturday, December 14, 2013

BasicTraining

Basic Training
 
Washi Tape for ANY Occasion

I am sure, if you are like me, that you have quite a collection of washi tape.  I mean, who doesn't??  It is the perfect little accent for any project.  Michele here this fine Saturday and even though I have close to 100 rolls in all different colors and patterns sometimes I just don't have exactly what I am looking for.
A very good friend of mine, DeeDee over at VLVS!, did an awesome tutorial on how to make you own washi with just a few supplies that you will definitely have!


You will need double sided tape, (I used Miracle Tape from VLVS!), tissue paper, a stamp and ink.


Cut a piece of tape the length you want your washi.  Leave the paper on the back side of the tape for now.  Then cut a piece of tissue a little larger than your tape.


Stick the tissue onto the tape.


Ink up your stamp and stamp the tissue.  I used a VLVS!, washi lines background.


I wanted a very light pattern for my project but there are so many possibilities...you are only limitied by your imagination.


Carefully tear off the overlapping tissue.


Very subtle on this project.

 
To see the finished project pop over to my blog, let me know what you think...
 
Here are a few photos of other washi tapes I have made. 
 
 
 
 
 
You can also use pre-printed tissue...like the pink with white polka dots in my photos above.  All the others are hand stamped.
 
Thanks so much for spending some time with me today!  I hope you are inspired to create and design your very own washi!! 
 
Until next month...Merry Christmas!
&
Don't forget to link up your December Daily Projects!
 
Michele

2 comments: