Saturday, January 17, 2015

January Basic Training-Add a little Sparkle!!

Welcome to 2015!!!
Today we are going to bring on the twinkle and look at a way add some sparkle to any project.
I have been hearing a lot about a technique using a used dryer sheet so I had to look into it...WOW does it add some serious sparkle!!
So here we go...


You will need:  a stamp, cardstock (cut to size), ink, spray adhesive, extra fine glitter and a used dryer sheet.


I stamped my main image in black archival ink then used a grey to stamp offset then again without reinking.  You could also just stamp a couple more time with your black ink with out reinking.


Smooth out or iron your dryer sheet, cut to size with scissors or on your paper trimmer.


Spray your paper with a generous coat of adhesive.


Adhere your dryer sheet.


Right away before the adhesive dries coat with glitter.  Tap off excess and trim dryer sheet if necessary.
That's it, easy peasy!!  Now you are ready to create, I made a card.


I used Authentique Believe, Viva Las VegaStamps, May Arts ribbon, Um Wow Studio snowflake confetti.


These pictures really don't do the sparkle justice!!  It twinkles and catches the light!!  I think I need to use this on my holiday cards next year!!!
Thanks for stopping by and remember to check out our drills for January!!

2 comments: